Traumatic brain injury program
The TRAC Group’s highly skilled team includes Registered Nurses, Speech-Language Pathologists, Communicative Disorders Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Life Skills Workers, Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors and Rehabilitation Consultants. Working together, we design and deliver services that are tailored to each client’s unique needs.
We understand the physiological, psychological, vocational and social impact that traumatic brain injury has on the person who has suffered the injury. We also understand the impact on caregivers and family members.
Our goal is to help clients maximize their independence and quality of life, at home, at work and in their communities. We use a multidisciplinary approach, meaning our clinicians work together to develop and provide rehabilitation programs and services tailored to meet each client’s unique needs. Our integrated, comprehensive program reduces the number of transitions our clients are required to make as they progress through the various stages of recovery, which helps them achieve and maintain the best possible outcome. We also educate clients and families about what they can expect during the rehabilitation and recovery process. We also ensure our each client’s equipment, attendant care, mobility and accessibility needs are met so they can achieve the best possible quality of life.
Where and when we can help
Respected leaders in providing exceptional, evidence-based rehabilitation therapy, the TRAC Group offers bilingual programs and services across all of Eastern Ontario—at home, at school, in the workplace or in community settings.
We contact a new client within one day of an inquiry or referral and services typically begin within a week. We can begin working with the client prior to discharge from the hospital or in-patient facility, helping to identify and obtain the therapy and equipment needed after release. Our programs and services begin immediately upon discharge and continue through the rehabilitation process. We also provide immediate services, on an interim basis, to clients who are on waiting lists for other rehabilitation programs and services, allowing clients to have uninterrupted therapy during their optimum window of recovery.
Measurable, effective programs and services
Our traumatic brain injury program team includes Physicians, Rehabilitation Consultants, Occupational Therapists, Registered Nurses, Speech-Language Pathologists, Physiotherapists, Psychologists, Vocational Rehabilitation Counsellors, Life Skills Workers, Communications Disorder Assistants, Addictions Counsellors and Personal Fitness Instructors. Working together, we design and deliver services that are tailored to each client’s unique needs. We:
- Use objective, standardized assessment data to plan and implement rehabilitation
- Provide flexible programming designed to meet the individual needs of clients during the various stages of recovery
- Offer trans-disciplinary rehabilitation through clinicians with expertise in a minimum of five years’ experience treating traumatic brain injury
- Provide programs and services in efficient time frames that ensure rehabilitation is client-specific, co-ordinated and cost-effective
- Use standardized measures to monitor clients’ progress, ensuring accountability to stakeholders
- Work as a team to set goals for discipline-specific treatment and for the client’s vocational, educational and leisure pursuits
- Use regular team conferences and bi-weekly teleconferences to communicate effectively and identify issues in a timely way
- Provide monthly educational seminars to help clients, families and caregivers better understand the recovery and rehabilitation process
- Use quality assurance measures to make sure our rehabilitation plans are goal-directed and meet stakeholders’ needs
Every TRAC Group client’s file is reviewed by either our Clinical Director, Vocational Manager or Discipline Specific Practice Leader, with a minimum of 12 years’ experience in community rehabilitation. This review ensures best practice guidelines and program protocols are followed and rehabilitation plans are working as they should be.
Dealing with the aftermath of traumatic brain injury can be overwhelming.
The TRAC Group can help. Contact us to make an appointment or referral.