Occupational Therapy promotes and enables people to participate in the activities which give meaning and purpose to their lives. TRAC Group Occupational Therapists work with clients experiencing physical, cognitive, and/or psychological obstacles to engage in and improve their function and independence across the spectrum of life, encompassing self- care, as well as home, work, and leisure pursuits.
TRAC Group Occupational Therapists provide the following services:
- Attendant Care Needs Assessments
- Functional/Cognitive Assessments and Treatment
- Provision of Assistive Devices
- ADP Assessment for Manual/Power Wheelchairs, Walkers, and Scooters and Communication Aids
- Hospital Discharge
- Home Safety and Accessibility Assessments
- Cognitive Rehabilitation
- Physical/Cognitive Demands Analyses
- Work Site/Ergonomic Assessments
- Home, Community, and School Reintegration
Physiotherapy targets the identification and remediation of physical impairments and the associated disabilities while promoting mobility, functional ability, quality of life, and movement potential. Physiotherapy may include the prescription of or assistance with specific exercises, manual therapy, education, manipulation, and development of fitness and wellness-oriented programs for restoration and maintenance of function.
TRAC Group Physiotherapists provide the following services (but not limited to):
- Musculoskeletal /Neurological Injury Assessment &Treatment
- Vestibular Therapy*
- Cardiopulmonary Physiotherapy
- ADP Assessments for Mobility Aids
- Strengthening, Conditioning & Reactivation Programming
- Exercise Programming
- Central Positional Nystagmus or Vertigo Physiotherapy
- Vestibular Neuritis and Labyrinthitis (also called Unilateral or Bilateral Vestibular Lesion) Physiotherapy
- Perilymphatic Fistula Physiotherapy
- Meniere’s Disease Physiotherapy
- Autoimmune Inner Ear Disease Physiotherapy
- MKicrovascular Compression Syndrome Physiotherapy
- Utricular Dysfunction Physiotherapy
- Superior Canal Dehiscence Syndrome Physiotherapy
*For more information on Vestibular Therapy Please see the Concussion Page
Speech-Language Pathology is a discipline concerned with speech and language communication disorders and swallowing disorders. TRAC Group Speech-Language Pathologists work with clients to address cognitive communication challenges, inclusive of difficulties with concentration, memory, understanding language, reading, writing, reasoning, or verbal planning and organization.
TRAC Group Speech-Language Pathologists provide the following services:
- Speech, Voice and Language Assessment and Treatment
- Cognitive-Communication Assessment and Treatment
- Communication Aids Assessments
- Return to Work Intervention
TRAC Group’s Rehabilitation Consultants are qualified allied health professionals employed to provide rehabilitation services to clients with a disability, injury or chronic health condition. Our Rehabilitation Consultants provide an organized framework for effective and proactive services through assessment and evaluation of all aspects of a client’s injury/disability; development of cohesive, goal oriented rehabilitation plan; and coordination and implementation of recommendations in keeping with individual client needs. At TRAC, our Rehabilitation Consultants hold one of the following designations: Registered Nurse, Occupational Therapist, Speech Language Pathologist, Registered Social Worker, and Certified Disability Management Professional.
TRAC Group Rehabilitation Consultants provide the following services:
- Rehabilitation Needs Analyses
- Assessment of Attendant Care Needs
- Assessment of Normal Life Activities
- Case Management/Clinical Coordination
- File Reviews
- Task Assignments
TRAC’s Psychotherapy services help you discover the strength and empowerment needed to face obstacles and difficulties in your life. Our experienced team of therapists support you in uncovering any thoughts, feelings, and behaviours that might be preventing you from moving forward and achieving your goals. Within a supportive and nonjudgmental environment, we work collaboratively with you to co-create coping strategies and techniques that work best for you. Our therapists help you discover solutions that draw upon your strengths, resiliency, and values to overcome problematic patterns that weigh down your self-growth and potential.
TRAC offers these services to individuals, family, teens, parents, and couples in a private, safe, and confidential setting.
Our psychotherapists also work collaboratively with our psychiatrist. In doing so, we ensure that any presenting or suspected mental health disorder(s) is properly assessed and treated at the time of your initial assessment.
TRAC provides psychotherapeutic services to help tackle a wide-range of presenting challenges including:
- Stress management
- Anxiety and worry
- Trauma and post-traumatic stress
- Experiences of abuse
- Grief and loss
- Anger management
- Teen-related issues
- Parenting challenges
- Family challenges
- Relationship and couple difficulties
- Pain management
- Sexuality, gender, and gender expression
- Life transitions, change, and adjustment issues
We tailor our psychotherapeutic techniques based upon your presenting concerns. We focus on a person-centre, strength-based approach while offering the following evidence-based therapies to help you in your treatment:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Integrated Mindfulness-based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Behavioural Therapy
- Dialectal Behavioural Therapy
- Trauma and Grief-based therapies
- Mindfulness and Acceptance-based Behavioural Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing and Motivational Engagement Therapy
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy, amongst others.
To get more information on and/or to book an appointment with one of our psychotherapists please call the TRAC office at 613-526-0877 or visit our referral page
- Social Work Needs Analyses
- Individual Counselling
- Group/Family Counselling
- Applied Behaviour Analysis Assessment and Treatment
- Cognitive Behavioural Assessment and Treatment
TRAC Group provides client-centered, outcome-based vocational services for clients wanting to return to work following illness or injury, for clients who are seeking a new career path, and for individuals searching for avocational activities (e.g. volunteering) to increase structure and quality of life. TRAC Group Vocational Rehabilitation Consultants work with students, workers, or individuals contemplating school, vocational, or avocational activities to arrive at a vocational plan that meets their individual needs.
TRAC Group Vocational Rehabilitation Consultants offer the following services:
- Vocational Evaluations
- Psycho-Vocational Evaluations
- Vocational Needs Analyses and Vocational Reintegration Plans
- Vocational Profiles
- Transferable Skills Analyses
- Labour Market Survey
- Work Hardening Programs
- Job Coaching
- Return to Work Facilitation and Coordination
- Career and Vocational Planning
As an experienced Disability Management Provider TRAC Group offers Employers an exceptional array of affordable disability management services from which a tailor made program may be developed to meet the unique needs each employment setting. Our breadth of in-house expertise coupled with outstanding customer service allows Employers to focus on what they do best – their business. We offer Employers the following services:
- Short Term Disability Claims Adjudication and Case Management
- Workers’ Compensation Claims Management
- Support for Long Term Disability Applications
- Attendance Management & Program Evaluation
- Health & Wellness Initiatives
- Complex Disability Management Consultation
- Independent Medical Evaluations
- Occupational Therapy and Kinesiology Assessments and Treatment
- Medical Rehabilitation
- Vocational Evaluations/Assessments & Rehabilitation
TRAC Group employs a roster of experienced Career Counsellors, Certified Vocational Consultants and Certified Evaluators to assist clients and students in determining optimal career paths through standardized assessments and the provision of academic, vocational, and worksite recommendations. Clients and students are also able to access in-depth career counselling including academic or career research, assistance with course/program selection and applications, and job search training.
TRAC Group offers a number of services to assist those career planning for the first time, embarking on a career change, or requiring academic assistance, including:
- Career Counselling
- Career Determination Testing
- Med/Rehab Career Guidance Testing
- Specialist High Skills Major – Career Testing
- Learning Strategy & Adaptive Technology
We apply extensive research, analysis of medical and health-related professional records, client meetings, and a rigorous review of health care professionals’ recommendations, to develop a Future Cost of Care Report that outlines an individual’s current and future health requirements and associated cost options based upon his/her impairments resulting from a complex injury or chronic illness.
As an experienced provider of health and disability management services, TRAC Group is pleased to support Ontario Colleges and Universities in their delivery of Student Success Services. Our partnership with academic facilities enables students with learning, mental health, student life and/or career needs to access campus and community resources in a timely fashion promoting both personal and academic success for students. TRAC Group’s multidisciplinary scope and experience gives students access to an array of expertise allowing Colleges and Universities to focus on their core business of education.
TRAC Group employs regulated personnel who provide Rehabilitation Assistance to clients under the direction of our experienced, regulated health care professionals, such as Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Speech-Language Pathologists, Registered Nurses, and Social Workers. Our Rehabilitation Assistants provide home- or community-based intervention sessions as an adjunct to therapy giving clients increased opportunity to realize their rehabilitation goals in a cost-effective manner.