Angela Baird M.H.Sc. SLP (C) Reg. CASLPO
Speech Language Pathologist
Education & Certifications
- College of Audiologists & Speech Language Pathologists of Ontario Registered Speech Language Pathologist #5744
- Masters of Health Science, Speech Language Pathology, University of Toronto (2011)
- Honors Bachelor Degree, Linguistics and Applied Language Studies, Carleton University (2009)
Summary of Experience
Experience providing community-based assessment and treatment to adults with neurogenic speech, language, cognitive-communication and swallowing disorders. Expertise in completing dysphagia and dysfluency assessments and treatment, as well as neurocognitive rehabilitation.
Experience providing assessment and treatment to school-aged children with speech production, expressive and receptive language delays, fluency, and voice disorders. Experienced in consultation with and guidance to academic professionals regarding appropriate support strategies for students.
Experience in assessing and treating preschool-aged children with Autism Spectrum Disorder, and other speech and language disorders.
- Guidelines for Diagnosing and Managing Pediatric Concussions
- Guidelines for Concussion/Mild TBI & Persistent Symptoms
- Tackling Concussions
- OREG-Best Practice Recommendations for Stroke Care Series
- Stroke Rehab: Quicker and More Intense
- The ABC’s of Primary Progressive Aphasias (PPA) for SLP’s
- Treatment for Persons with PPA: An Adaptable Communication Support Approach
- Living with Primary Progressive Aphasia: Challenges
- Swallowing: Indicators for Aspiration Pneumonia
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)