Angela McKeever B.Sc.Kin, M.O.T., OT Reg. (Ont.)
Education & Certifications
- College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario, Registration No. G1008179
- Bachelor of Science, Kinesiology, University of Waterloo (2006)
- Master of Occupational Therapy, University of Queensland, Australia (2010)
- EPIC Lift Capacity Certified Evaluator
- Functional Abilities Evaluation Certified
- Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT)
Summary of Experience
Experienced in providing community and clinical based Occupational Therapy consultation, assessment and treatment services to a variety of client populations, including mental health disorders, acquired brain injury diagnoses, orthopaedic, and musculoskeletal disorders in Northern Ontario.
Experienced in conducting in-home activities of daily living assessments and attendant care (Form 1) assessments; functional cognitive assessments; home modification/accessibility, home safety and mobility assessments; functional restoration programs in home and community settings; Functional Abilities Evaluations; Physical Demands Analysis; and ergonomic assessments in a variety of settings ranging from office to industrial workplace environments.
Experienced in providing inpatient and outpatient hospital based Occupational Therapy consultation, assessment and treatment services including hospital discharges, equipment recommendations, wheelchair prescriptions and maintenance, implementing group programs and cognitive retraining programs.
Previous experience as a Certified Kinesiologist implementing and grading therapeutic exercise programs to include work hardening programs, as well as experience with return to work planning, on-site job coaching as well as implementing on-site group education programs for employers (safe lifting techniques, etc).
- Gentle Persuasive Approaches
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention training
- Choosing Assessment Tools and Using Everyday Items and Tasks to Treat Cognition
- Evaluation and Treatment of Medication Management-CAOT webinar
- An Occupational Therapy Approach to Evaluation of Cognition/Perception-CAOT webinar
- Evidence Based Financial Management Skills Assessment for Adults with Acquired Brain Injury-CAOT webinar
- Everyday Mindfulness- CAOT webinar