Debbie Lessard M.Sc., Reg. CASLPO
Speech Language Pathologist
Education & Certifications
- College of Audiologists & Speech Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO) Registered Speech Language Pathologist No. 2160
- Masters of Health Sciences, Speech Language Pathology, McGill University (1982)
- Honors Bachelor, Psychology, Concordia University (1980)
- Speech-Language and Audiology Canada (SAC)
Summary of Experience
Experience providing community-based cognitive communication consultation, intervention and assessment, to adults, children and adolescents with acquired brain injury, concussion, neurological disease, and voice disorders within a variety of service delivery models.
Considerable experience providing speech language pathology services to physically disabled children in the areas of feeding, early language stimulation, augmentative/alternative communication and language disorders at Ottawa Children’s Treatment Center in Ottawa.
Experience working as an itinerant speech-language pathologist in Ottawa area schools. Provided assessment and treatment services to elementary and secondary school students.
Expertise in providing group language therapy for pre-school children with language delays at the Glenrose Hospital in Edmonton, Alberta.
IE and DAC Assessor & Initial Registrant Speech Language Pathology Mentor
- The Art of Living…Life After Brain Injury
- Accident Benefits: The Road Ahead
- Catastrophic Impairment: Issues and Perspectives:
- Issues across the Continuum of Care – Ottawa Brain Injury Conference
- Success after TBI: Clinical, Ethical and Medico-Legal Considerations in Defining and Measuring Outcome
- Traumatic Brain Injury in Youth: Challenges and Solutions for the Classroom and Beyond
- Brain Injury: The Complete Picture
- 5th Annual Interurban Acquired Brain Injury Conference
- The Role of Neuropsychological Evaluation in the Rehabilitation of Individuals with Traumatic Brain Injury
- Advanced NDT Bobath Training Course (8-week training course)