Dr. Rakesh Jetly OMM, CD, MD, FRCPC
- Post Graduate Training (Psychiatry), University of Toronto
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Toronto
- Certified Health Executive (CHE), Canadian College of Health Leaders (2010)
- Specialist (Psychiatry), Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (2000)
- L.M.C.C. (1991)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (Canada)
- Ontario College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Ontario Medical Association
- Fellow of American Psychiatric Association
- Canadian Psychiatric Association
- Ontario Psychiatric Association
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
Summary of Experience
Dr. Jetly is currently the Head of the Centre of Excellence on Mental Health, Directorate of Mental Health and an associate professor of psychiatry at Dalhousie University (Halifax); Queen’s University (Kingston), and the University of Ottawa. He has published numerous articles in professional journals and presents nationally and internationally on such topics as post-traumatic stress disorder and operational psychiatry.
Dr. Jetly has previously held various professional positions as a psychiatrist, including: Director of the “Operational Trauma and Stress Support Centre”, Atlantic Region (2000-2008); Chief Resident in Psychiatry, St. Michael’s Hospital (1999-2000); and Senior Medical Officer for the “Canadian Contingent United Nations Middle East” in ISRAEL (1993-1994).