Emily Downs BAH, MASc, MScOT, OT Reg (Ont.)
Education & Certifications
- Master of Science in Occupational Therapy, Queen’s University, 2018
- Master of Applied Science in Developmental and Communication Science, University of Waterloo, 2016
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Psychology, Queen’s University, 2014
- Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT)
- Ontario Society of Occupational Therapists (OSOT)
Summary of Experience
Experience providing inpatient therapy for patients with mobility restrictions following total joint replacement surgery, including functional mobility assessment and retraining activities of daily living (e.g. dressing, kitchen skills).
Experience in providing comprehensive functional and standardized assessment of cognition for patients with mild cognitive impairment, post-concussion syndrome and stroke.
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention, Crisis Prevention Institute, 2017
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training, Living Works, 2017
- Action Over Inertia Workshop, Queen’s University, 2018
- Mental Health First Aid, Mental Health Commission of Canada, 2018
- Dementia 101: Basics, Dementia 102: Communication, and Dementia 103: Behaviour; Alzeducate, 2018