Gillian Hickman BAH (Psych), BSc. OT, OT Reg. (Ont.)
Education & Certifications
- College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario Registration No. G0700845
- Bachelor of Science, Occupational Therapy, University of Toronto (1997)
- Bachelor of Arts, Honours, Psychology, Acadia University (1995)
- Canadian Certified Life Care Planner Certification, University of Florida
- ARCON Functional Abilities Evaluation Certification
- ERGOS ® Functional Abilities Evaluation Certification
- KEY Method Functional Abilities Evaluation Certification
- Ontario Society of Occupational Therapists (OSOT)
Summary of Experience
Experience providing Occupational Therapy assessment and treatment, with considerable expertise providing therapy and case coordination in the automobile insurance, short/ long- term disability, and Workplace Safety and Insurance Board sectors.
Expertise in assessing, treating and coordinating hospital discharge planning, assessing attendant care, home management and caregiving needs, conducting job analysis and ergonomic assessments, outlining and implementing return to work programs, and providing in-home intervention to address safety, personal care, and equipment needs.
Provision of services to clients with orthopaedic and musculoskeletal injuries, acquired brain injury, spinal cord injury and mental health disorders.
Completion of Future Cost of Care Assessments as a Canadian Certified Life Care Planner.
- Mild Traumatic Brain Injury: Challenges and Controversies in Diagnosis
- Home Accessibility & Universal Design Adaptations
- Foundations of Brain Injury Rehabilitation: Hospital to Community
- Upper Extremity Risk Factors in an Office Environment
- Low Back Disorders Workshop
- Mental Health Issues, Rehabilitation; Return to Work Workshop
- Advanced Industrial Ergonomics Course
- Job Analysis, Return to Work Training
- Manual Therapy Course for the Hand, Wrist, and Distal Forearm
- The Orthopaedic and Neurologic Shoulder