Julie Lemire, BSc., MHSc., S-LP, Reg. CASLPO
Case Manager / Rehabilitation Consultant
Education & Certifications
- Master of Health Science, University of Toronto (1998)
- Bachelor of Science (HK), University of Ottawa (1996)
- Certified in Lee Silverman Voice Treatment
- OSLA – Ontario Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists
- CASLPO – College of Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologists of Ontario
Summary of Experience
Experience in providing services to adults with communication and swallowing disorders in both acute care settings and in private practice.
Experience in providing services to children with communication difficulties including areas of language, articulation, stuttering, and voice in the private practice sector.
Knowledge of legislation governing the provision of services within the auto insurance, long-term disability and disability management sectors. Experience working with individuals with complex care needs including: traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury and dual diagnoses.
Special interest in working with voice and swallowing disorders.
Guest lecturer in the Speech Language Pathology Program at the University of Ottawa. Presented “Bridging the Gap Between Interprofessional Care and Patient Safety” at the Health Achieve Conference in Toronto in 2010.
Member of OSLA Board of Directors (2010-2013).
- Buteyko Breathing – Level 1 Training (2018)
- Transgender Voice and Communication Training (2018)
- The Fall Voice Conference (2017)
- CAT Criteria and the Speech-Language Pathologist: Advocating for MVA Clients through the GOS-E (2017)
- The Fourth Dr. Mark Ylvisaker Honorary Lecture: Executive Functions in Students with Acquired Brain Injury (2017)
- Fall Voice Webinar Series (Benign Vocal Fold Lesions; Difficult Cases) (2017)
- Voice Therapy Conference – Pittsburgh (2017)
- Anxiety and Depression (2016)
- Camperdown Program for Stuttering (2016)
- Children Who Struggle to Speak: Evidence-Based Treatment
- Techniques for Children with Apraxia of Speech (2016)
- Toronto Voice Conference (2016)
- SinCity Laryngology Voice and Dysphagia – Advances in Voice Therapy (2015)
- Lee Silverman Voice Treatment (2014)
- Lidcombe Program (2002)
- 8th International Conference on Head and Neck Cancer (2013)
- Dealing with Difficult People (2013)
- Grand Rounds – The Ottawa Regional Cancer Centre
- Navigating the Minefield of Dysphagia in the Medical Setting – Identification, Assessment, Management and Rehabilitation of Dysphagia: An update on current best practices for Speech-Language Pathologists