Kaitlin Wismer BSc.HK MHSc.PT
English & French
Education & Certifications
- College of Physiotherapists of Ontario (CPO) Registered Physiotherapist #15400
- Masters of Health Science, Physiotherapy, University of Ottawa (2012)
- Bachelor of Science, Honours in Human Kinetics, University of Ottawa (2010)
Summary of Experience
Experience providing physiotherapy care for a wide variety of orthopaedic, cardiovascular and neurological conditions in a community care or clinic setting. Experience working with adult and pediatric populations; providing manual therapy, education, and exercise programs to rehabilitate clients’ injuries.
Experience with providing rehabilitation for clients who have sustained complex injuries such as multiple fractures, internal damage, traumatic brain injury/concussion, and whiplash, in motor vehicle accidents or other causes. Additional experience implementing pain management strategies for clients suffering from chronic pain.
Experience with musculoskeletal conditions such as vertebral disc bulge, arthritis, postural and vestibular dysfunction, sprains and strains, among others.
Experience with pediatrics, providing physiotherapy treatment for children with diagnoses of Down’s syndrome, cerebral palsy, spina bifida, cystic fibrosis, traumatic brain injury among others.
- National Capital Unit, Orthopaedic Division – Education Co-Chair
- Concussion Management Workshop – Rehab Works
- Vestibular Rehabilitation, Introduction and Advanced
- Diane Lee-Thorax and Pelvis
- Functional Dry Needling – Level 1 Kineticore
- The McKenzie Method Part A
- Advanced Orthopaedic Manual & Manipulative Physiotherapy Level 1
- Advanced Orthopaedic Manual & Manipulative Physiotherapy Level 2 Upper Quadrant
- Advanced Orthopaedic Manual & Manipulative Physiotherapy Level 2 Lower Quadrant