Kyle Kearnan M.Ed., RP
Team Lead, Mental Health
Education & Certifications
- Master’s Degree of Educational Counselling, University of Ottawa (2009)
- Combined Bachelor of Psychology & Anthropology, University of Ottawa (2005)
- College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) (#004698)
Summary of Experience
Experience providing counselling to adolescents, adults and families on a wide-range of presenting issues including anxiety, depression, grief and loss, trauma, interpersonal relationships, life transitions, addictions, pain management, and mental health disorders.
Knowledge and experience administering, scoring, and interpretation of various psychometric assessments.
Nearly a decade of clinical experience in delivering mental health services to individuals, youth, families, and couples within a variety of different multicultural, multidisciplinary environments. Experience using innovative and emerging technology to support clients while providing face-to-face sessions. Experience delivering client sessions over the phone, through chat, and in virtual group environments. Served in a variety of different mental health roles including as a youth and family counsellor, disabilities counsellor, specialized support therapist, addictions therapist and life transitions therapist.
Specializes in a variety of different psychotherapeutic modalities including CBT,
Integrated Mindfulness CBT, DBT, SFBT, SFBT-SST and Motivational Interviewing.
- Life Transitions Support
- Grief and Loss Counselling
- Trauma Counselling
- Mindfulness-based Therapy for Anxiety-related Disorders
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Chronic Illness and Mental Health Disorders
- Dialectic Behavioural Therapy for Depression and Mental Health Disorders
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Anxiety-related Disorders
- Caregiver Support for a Loved One with Dementia
- Addictions Counselling and Motivational Interviewing
- Solution-Focused Intervention
- Solution-Focused Therapy for adolescents, parents, and families
- Integrated Mindfulness-based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Risk Assessment Intervention
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)