Lauren Carter, OT Reg. Ont.
Education & Certifications
- College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario, Registration No. G1510157
- Bachelor of Kinesiology, Acadian University (2013)
- Masters of Science, Occupational Therapy, McMaster University (2015)
- Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT)
Summary of Experience
Experience in school health support services, completing in-school, fine motor, sensory, safety and functional assessments. Follow-up with school teams to provide consultative services, and facilitating case conferences, to recommend strategies for improved function in the school and home environments. The school health caseload has focused on specialized sites with medically fragile population, adaptive and mobility equipment, positioning, skin concerns, safety with lifts and transfers, with children and adolescents with a wide range of musculoskeletal, neuromuscular and developmental disabilities.
Experience in assessment, and intervention of feeding and swallowing issues in the homecare program for medically frail infants for feeding and development. Supporting safety, following a systematic approach to assessment and treatment, evaluation of outcomes, family-centered care, following up with video fluoroscopy swallow study recommendations, gastrointestinal, cardiac, G-tube surgeries and liaising with the team of rapid response nurses, dieticians, complex care team, community pediatricians and community supports and funding.
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training, Living Works Education (2015)
- Becoming a behavior detective: 2-day Workshop on understanding, supporting and surviving challenging behavior (2016)
- Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, 2-day “Feeding Therapy” course (2016)
- Standard First Aid, CPR ‘C’, National Lifesaving Certification, Lifesaving Society (2018)
- Crossfit Educator Course (2019)
- Crossfit Level 1 Certification (2019)