Lauren Smith MS, RP, MFT Pre-Clinical Fellow
Education & Certifications
- Master of Science degree in Family Studies- Marriage and Family Therapy, University of Kentucky
- Bachelor of Science degree in Human Development and Family Science, Oklahoma State University
- College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO)
- Canadian Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Association for Experiential Education
Summary of Experience
Experience working with individuals, couples, families, and groups facing a variety of mental health concerns, such as anxiety, depression, stress, relationship conflict, trauma, and grief. Extensive experience working with youth and families.
Provides psychotherapy through a systems-based approach and often incorporates best practices from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Emotion-Focused Therapy, and experiential interventions based in Adventure Therapy.
- Assessment and Treatment of Complex Post-Traumatic Stress, Centre for Interpersonal Relationships
- Culturally Responsive Mental Health Care for Refugees, Spiritual and Cultural Care Conference
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST), LivingWorks Education Inc.
- Working with Children Engaging in Concerning Sexual Behaviours, Safer and Vital Communities Grant
- Making it Work: The Attachment, Regulation, Competency Framework (ARC) – A Guide to Assessment, Treatment Planning, and Intervention, SafeGuards: Training for Children and Adult Services
- Level 1: Bridging the Couple Chasm, Gottman Couples Therapy: A New Research-Based Approach