Leila Mackay M.A., Reg. Psychotherapist (Qualifying)
Education & Certifications
- Master’s Degree Counseling and Spirituality,
- St. Paul University (2016)
- Bachelor’s Degree Human Relations and Spirituality, St. Paul University (2005)
- Bachelor’s Degree Psychology, University of Ottawa (1998)
- College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO)
- Association for Spirituality and Mental Health – The Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre (President)
Summary of Experience
Experience providing counselling and psychotherapy to individuals and couples experiencing an array of presenting issues including: anxiety, depression, sexual dysfunction, couple communication and intimacy.
Experience providing counselling to individuals who have experienced a personal injury including motor-vehicle accidents.
Knowledge and experience using therapeutic models including Cognitive -Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Psychodynamic Therapy.
- Harvard Medical School- Neuropsychiatry: A Comprehensive Update-Certificate
- Beck Institute- Cognitive- Behavioural Therapy for Anxiety and Depression Certificates
- Albert Ellis Institute- Rational- Emotive Behavioural Therapy Primary Certification
- Nature, Spirituality and Mental Health Conference
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Insomnia
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Conference
- Harvard Medical School Post-Traumatic-Stress Disorder Conference (March, 2018)