Michael Hay, OT Reg. (Ont.)
Education & Certifications
- College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario Registration No.G1911679
- Master of Science in Occupational Therapy, Queen’s University, 2019
- Honours Bachelor of Science in Health Studies Co-op, University of Waterloo, 2013
- Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists
- Ontario Society of Occupational Therapists (OSOT)
Summary of Experience
Experience completing initial assessments, cognitive assessments, and discharge planning in inpatient complex care, palliative care, and acute care settings. Both treatment and assessment experience in outpatient mental health, and complex seating clinics.
Worked alongside St. Lawrence College in the development of the “Tech Buddy” program through developing group discussion protocols, facilitating student feedback, and creating online tutorials & education materials on the use of assistive technology.
Provided skills training to elementary students in computer skills both one-on-one and in group settings as part of the Queen’s University STEPS program. Additionally, worked with students to develop self-advocacy skills to aid in the transition into high school.
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention Training