Rebecca Van Schyndel B.H.Sc, M.Sc. (OT), OT Reg. (Ont.)
Education & Certifications
- College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario (COTO) Registration No.G1208612
- Rehabilitation Sciences PhD Candidate
- Master of Science, Occupational Therapy, University of Ottawa (2012)
- Bachelor of Health Sciences, University of Ottawa (2010)
- Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT)
Summary of Experience
Experience providing bilingual acute care and short/long term rehabilitation based occupational therapy assessment and treatment services to a variety of client populations with complex physical and mental disability including individuals with orthopaedic and musculoskeletal injuries, mental health issues, neurological issues, cognitive deficits, and acquired brain injury.
Experience providing functional cognitive assessments and cognitive rehabilitation, home functional and safety assessments, pre- hospital home discharge assessments, functional restoration programs in home, community and clinical settings.
- Advanced research theory, analysis & methods course
- Advanced studies on enabling occupation course
- Evidence based practice course
- Professional practice courses
- Seating and positioning lab
- CAOT Conference (2012)