Steven (Steve) Baker
Education & Certifications
- College of Physiotherapists of Ontario (CPO) Registered Physiotherapist PT#19647
- UK Healthcare Professions Council PH105730;
- Diploma in Sports Massage. British School of Osteopathy, London, UK (2015);
- Graduate Level 6, City and Guilds Leadership and Management, London, UK (2014);
- Bachelor of Health Sciences with honours, Physiotherapy. York St John University, UK (2014);
- Foundation Degree in Sports and Exercise Science (2004). Manchester Metropolitan University, UK.
Summary of Experience
Steve graduated from York St. John University in the UK with a BHSc in Physiotherapy in 2014, following a long career in the British military where he was a specialist in musculoskeletal rehabilitation. In addition to his military healthcare experience, Steve has provided in-clinic and community-based physiotherapy to individuals with neurological, complex orthopaedic, cardiovascular and musculoskeletal diagnoses in the UK, Canada and Middle East.
His working experience has been with adult and pediatric populations providing manual therapy, patient and caregiver education, exercise programs, demonstration and application of therapeutic modalities to rehabilitate client’s injuries.
He also has experience with musculoskeletal conditions such as vertebral disc bulge and degenerative disk disease, arthritis, postural and vestibular dysfunction, sprains and strains, post-op joint replacements, shoulder tendinopathies and others.
- Diploma in Sports Massage
- Level 2 Strength & Conditioning Coach
- Concussion Workshop
- Balance Ball Trainer